Thursday, August 27, 2009

Inspiring Creativity

I've notice lately that I'm not nearly as creative as I was when I was a kid. One of my best friends and I played Fairies and Goddesses and Dragons for an embarrassingly long time, and then it's like since I traded my wings and glitter for day-dreaming of boys and glamorous clothes, I've lost that sparkling Imagination I had. I'm too logical for my own good and it kills my Imagination, which in turn sickens my Creativity.

But last night I had this awesome dream! And it was one of THE most creative dreams I've had.

I was in some sort of chicken coupe in the backyard of one of the houses I had grown up in. I was trying to usher these tiny, tiny chicks into their cage, along with their mom and dad. These weren't your everyday Easter-yellow chicks, they were about an 1 1/2 inch in diameter and they were stark black. And they looked like little pom-poms, because the had no definable head, just fluff, beak, and little teeny bird feet. And their mom and dad looked exactly like them only they were slightly bigger; about 3 inches in diameter. So there I was trying to shoo 6 (about) chicks and their parents into their house and one of them keeps hopping over my hand! So I pick him up in the palm of my hand and I could feel his bony, fragile feet on my skin and then he flies off! It surprised me, because baby birds can't fly. And he flew straight into this HUGE tree that looked mostly like an oak tree. The tree had so many other birds and bugs flying in and around it that I lost him immediately. And all the birds were different shapes, sizes, and colors, and all the bugs were mostly bees, dragonflies, and butterflies. So I locked up the coupe with the chicks I was able to round up, and trucked off to the tree.

It was too high to climb. I had to get that little chick back. For some reason, I knew that the creatures in there could understand me so I yelled "Hey! Do you know where that little chick went?" to the flying things and they ignored me and continued to circle, swerve, and land in the tree. I plopped down on the grass next to the tree and folded my legs. They'd have to answer or acknowledge me sometime. So I tried again. "Hello?!"

Then this little blue dragonfly came over to me. He was about and 1 1/2 long too, and he landed right in the palm of my hand. I just knew he was going to tell me where that little chick had gone. I waited patiently, didn't move or ask him my question. I knew he'd tell me...

SQUISH!

Dale (my dog) dropped his nasty, slimy, muddy tennis ball right on top of the dragonfly in my hand! I couldn't believe it! I picked the ball up with my index finger and thumb utilizing as little skin as possible because it was so gross and tossed it. I looked gloomily down at my little dragonfly. His wings were broken, as were his legs and thorax... Poor little guy....

Then my dreamed changed.

And that was it! Kind of a cool dream, I think. I never did find the little chick though, and other than my dragonfly the rest of the birds and bugs ignored me. But the dream gave me a hope that my Imagination is still alive and well, and I just have to unearth it. Anyone with any creativity-releasing tips is welcomed to let me know! And if anyone *ahem Britney* wants to help me decipher my dream, that'd be cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment