Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 4 in Southern California

As you may or may not know, Erin and I are in California right now visiting my friends and family, and we have done so much since we got here that it's a relief really to have extra time to blog right now. We landed late on Saturday night in Los Angeles and one of my best friends ever Harmony picked us up. We crashed that night at my dad's and got up early on Sunday and drove the 2 hours down to San Diego where I was dropped off at my Oma's ("grandmother's" to the lay person) so I could go through all her stuff and take home stuff that I wanted. I got some neat vintage clothes and some pretty jewelry and some cookbooks. Through admittedly I did take some things just because I didn't have the heart to say "No" and also because my Oma MADE me take certain things. You know how grandma's can be. "Oh honey, this is SO you! You don't ear red?? Oh yes you do, you take that!" *Sigh*...

Then Harmony and Erin graciously rescued me and we drove around downtown "Gaslamp" in San Diego, which was neat because of all the years I've lived here, I've never really been downtown. Then we hung out with Harmony's boyfriend Justin and a couple of his friends.

The next day we awoke early again and packed a cooler full of lunch and went to Sea World! We were there from 11am to 9pm. It was so much fun but it was a long day. I've got some great pictures though! I will post them either on here or on Facebook as soon as I get home.

Then yesterday we went to the beach and checked out some tide pools which was fun because I haven't seen tide pools since elementary school. Again, I have pictures...

So today we got up and drove back to LA and went to Hermosa and Manhattan Beach. It's so pretty out here. It'd be so perfect if it wasn't so expensive, and if it wasn't for all the prissy looking people. San Diego is a lot more relaxed it seems. Not as much of a fashion show when you go to the beach as it is up here. I've never noticed that before. You know, a lot of people move to California to "be somebody", but really you just look like everyone else. Nobody looked unique to me. It's been a little eye-opening for me to see it as an adult. I've had these fantasies left over about California from when I was a kid. I still think and hope that Santa Barbara will be everything I remember. But it doesn't look like I will find out this trip.

But I looked at the clubs and the martini bars and all that's out here and I don't want to go in them. I like bars. I want to move somewhere where you can chill out at the beach all day and then go to a country bar or something a little more rugged and fun at night. Next trip will be the East Coast or the Southern Coast, but I think Zack would be even more hesitant to move to the Southern Coast because of hurricanes. All I know is I don't want to live in Durango anymore. You have to go 800miles in any given direction to get anywhere worth going to. I'm over it.

And speaking of Zack, he discovered my blog today! Which is fine, but I think he was a little hurt by it. So this next bit is just for him:

I love you so much! You're a great husband and you take care of me. I'm really sorry if anything here hurt you in the slightest bit; I never want that to happen. You're the best partner I could hope for and I miss you so much. I will be home soon! I am having fun seeing my friends and family but it would've been awesome if you could've been here and I'm excited to come home. I love, love, love you so much! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment