Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another Entrepreneurial Adventure

Gosh, I should just change the name of my blog to something like "I Change My Mind Every 5 Minutes" or "I Have Too Many Ideas for My Poor Little Head to Hold".



I have started on my story (I can't call it a book yet, that'd be too presumptive) and I've vowed to write something towards it everyday. Whether it's one sentence or 10 pages. Right now I'm at 5 pages. All I will say about it is that there is magic and a dangerous love interest. I hope it ends up being good.



Anyway here's my next idea which I've always secretly and not-so-secretly wanted to do: a boutique. But I think more along the lines of a higher end thrift store. Not consignment, but more like I'll hunt for cool things and then resell them. I don't know, maybe it'd be partly consignment. But then some of things I'm going to alter and modify so that it's more up-to-date. I think it's a cool idea. And also it's something that pretty much could be successful in any town so long as it's Durango-size or bigger.



Also, it makes complete sense for me to have that kind of store. I'm a thrift-store/consignment/vintage/ebay buying junkie. And everyone recommends doing what you're good at, and I'm good at buying cool stuff (at least I think it's cool) and I think that people would really benefit from looking designer while being consign-er. Also I've bought a bunch of books about starting online business and selling and buying clothes online. A couple of them are how to find quality things at thrift/consignment/vintage stores. And one of them is a how-to book on altering clothes. And get this! I'm actually reading them! I'm a great reader, but I never read anything that's not fiction, so I'm very proud of myself.



So I'm working, reading, writing, and daydreaming. I hope I can get everything I want to do done soon! I have zero patience when I want something. But the best part is, it's all up to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment