Monday, July 6, 2009

One Hell of a Week

Ho-ly cow, there has been so many things that has happened this week I don't even know where to start. How about the beginning?


Well there were all those crazy celebrity deaths the week before which added to the mood of the week, for one thing. And of course there's my boss' sour outlook that dampens my good nature. Then we went out for one of my best friend's Going Away party on Saturday of last week, which was fun. But I missed my step-sister-in-law's One Year Anniversary of Her Death party which was the same night, which I'm sorry about, but I don't think it warranted the reaction I got from my other step-sister-in-law. I think a bridge has been lightly burned. The next day (Sunday) we drove down to Cuba, NM for the Gathering. All of this, we already know.


Now, for the new stuff:


My poor big brother has been majorly overloaded with information. Turns out his step-father who raised him is someone completely different. I don't know how I'd handle it, but it seems like he's surviving gracefully enough. I won't go too much into here because I know it's not my story to tell, but someone should seriously make a movie on "The Workings of Big Ted", I think.


And my dad was sick all week, I hope he's feeling better. He doesn't get sick very often. But he's strong, so I'm sure he'll pull through.


Then my mom calls one morning last week and says "Have you heard from your sister?"
"No." I say.
"Well she ran away last night, let me know if you hear from her."
Ummmm ok. It turns out my mom and my sister had an argument and my mom told my sister to get out. So she did. She only went to her friend's house down the road and was back home the next night, but still. Then I avoided calling that night because if they were fighting I didn't want to get involved. So I called the next morning and they were absolutely fine! Perfect, perky, and chipper, even! I swear, those two drive me nuts sometimes. It's amazing because they'll be about ready for murder and then they go to bed, and then they love each other in the morning. Crazy. My dad always said that the Chinese symbol for war is two women living under the same roof. I don't know if he's right, but it's true nonetheless.

What else?


Oh, my best friend from the party moved away Monday and I miss her terribly. She's a little homesick, but she'll get tough. Plus, she can always come home!

And of course it was the 4th of July, which is an event in itself.


Then my other best friend had a huge blowout with her boyfriend and Zack and I gladly rescued her. But I'm so relieved that she's finally done with him. He was such a jerk. He was verbally abusive, and then it got slightly physical Saturday, which was the heaviest straw yet, and it was enough. Good riddance. So she's staying at my house for the next week or so. She found a great apartment downtown which she gets to move into on the 15th, which is awesome. I'm proud of her.


Gosh, well I think that's it. I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment