Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Back to schoool, back to schoool...."

So I've applied to Pueblo Community College and am admitted (though yes, anyone can be admitted), and I've applied to FAFSA for grant money so now all I have to do is get an appointment with Admissions at the college and wait to see if I qualify for grants. If I don't qualify, I guess I'll get a loan and defer payment until after I graduate. I'm super excited. I'm going to get my Radiologic Technician "degree". It's a two year program, which is perfect and I looked at the course schedule and it's all purely radiology and patient care stuff which is great. And I have to thank our hygienist for telling me about being a Radiologic Tech. I told her I wasn't sure if I could handle being a hygienist because it can be really gross (did you know hairy tongues exist??), and she said her friend is a Radiologic Tech and he makes as much money as she does. Typically they make between $18-$48/hr, and they take and develope x-rays and CT scans and MRIs and all those things. So it's not just broken bones and teeth I've talked with my boss about it and he's cool with me going to school and said it was OK if I needed to leave work a early a day or two a week to go to class as long as I don't miss too much work.



Plus, it'll be interesting to go to school as a married adult. I don't think I'll be so socially distracted so I can really focus on my schoolwork. In High School I was always thinking about my crush-of-the-moment or wishing I hadn't worn what I did or talking, talking, talking. But since I already have my husband and am more comfortable with who I am, I hope I'll be more dedicated to school.



So to all my friends who haven't gone back to school yet, COME WITH ME! It'll be fun! Plus I need some friends in my classes.... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment