Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Job Griping

Alright, if I'm constantly this unmotivated at work, I'm pretty sure that means it's time to move on. I've come to this conclusion:


I really do like where I work, and the people I work with, and yes, even the boss. They are all good people. I complain about a couple of them a lot, but it's nothing really serious. I mean, how often do you find a work environment full of females who for the most part get along pretty well? That's super difficult to find. The last job I had that had a lot of girls was THE most dramatic experience I've ever had. Talk about back-stabbing! One girl I still avoid at all costs and this was over 3 years ago. Terrible.


But the thing about my current job is I won't go anywhere with it anytime soon; and by "anywhere" I mean "money". And don't call me shallow. Money is the only reason any of us work. See, my boss is so tight-waisted right now (and will be for probably the next 10 years) that it's like pulling teeth (pardon the pun!) to get our paychecks from him. And say goodbye to raises for awhile if you plan on working here. We at least deserve to get our paychecks in a timely matter, don't you think?


And it's not just the money, it's my actual job description. I've come to really hate insurance companies. I hate being the collector. It's not easy. It'd be different if I didn't have to collect from individuals. Doing billing and collections for a company that works with other companies would be doable. But my problem is I have too much sympathy for people who are struggling. I'm good at my job, but I don't enjoy it. I like the dentistry field, but I think I'd prefer something more hands on like assisting. I need to go get my xray license and then I'd be oh so hired.

Anyway, today I've decided that I'm going to casually start job hunting again. If something great comes along in the paper, I'm all over it.

Nothing good in today's paper....

No comments:

Post a Comment