Friday, June 26, 2009

My Old Job

So I found out why my last job was such a bust last night. Apparently my ex-boss' wife thought of me as a threat to her. First of all, *barf* because my old boss is the biggest NERD ever. The guy would practically wet himself everytime he found a new software. And second of all, I would NEVER cheat. Ever! I pride myself on my ability to be loyal in all relationships, both professional and personal. And the real kicker is that she was 1/3 of the group that interviewed me and hired me in the first place! She was there! For those of you who don't know, my old job was in construction and I was the supposed office manager. I was supposed to start selling their townhomes they were building and then take care of all the office matters as well. Well, that NEVER happened. And it was because Mrs. Lame-o-boss didn't want me to work too close with Mr. Lame-o-boss. So I pretty much just sat around for a year and went on gopher-errands all time. Now dont get me wrong, I like errands. I like to get out of the office. I think I would be an awesome Personal Assistant (if anyone needs one ;) .) But they sent me on these errands because it was the lowest thing they could make me do without actually firing me. Job sucked. But the good news is I'm still friends with my manager from that job and I have a better job now (even though lately I've been complaining about it. At least at this job they love me.) But honestly, I guess I should feel flattered that someone would consider little ol' me a threat. I mean, if someone's going to dislike you, it's better for them to not like you for your good qualities than to nit-pick your flaws. Am I right?

Oh! Want to know something funny? So my ex-manager saw what was happening with me and Mrs. Lame-o-boss, so he tried to hire a girl after me who couldn't possibly be a threat. He hired a girl who had a girlfriend, who was older, who was a little over-weight, but who was apparently pretty cool though too. And Mrs. Lame-o-boss couldn't even handle HER around! I feel sorry for her poor husband, even though he's a dork.

On another note, more good news: I now know of FIVE people who check out my blog! Woot! Perez Hilton: Watch out! I'm right behind ya, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment