Saturday, September 11, 2010

I know we all "remember" but try to REMEMBER

So gosh I guess it's been 9 years since all of this. I still ws living in Valley Center, CA and I was in 8th grade. I don't even think my alarm had gone off to wake up for school yet and my mom comes bursting in my room in all her tact and softness and says "A plane just crashed into the World Trade Centers!" I didn't even know what a "World Trade Center" was. Then a few minutes later she comes in and says "Another plane just crashed into the other one!" or something like that. She was hearing it on the radio. Then I remember watching CNN in Mr. Marx's class. Not many of the teachers would turn on CNN for us, but Mr. Marx was our history teacher and he thought it was important for us to see it, and I'm glad he let us.

It's totally weird that my son won't remember this. Maybe it's how our moms and dads and grandmas and grandpas feel about us not being able to remember Pearl Harbor. I know what happened, but I'll never feel the way they felt, and I'm sure the same will go for my son. And you never know how much something affected you until it's thrown in your face again. I'm a perfect example.What did little, 14 year old me living in perfect VC care about thousands of people thousands of miles away?  

Well if I didn't care then, I sure care now. I just send out loving thoughts to everyone today and especially people who were directly affected by this very sad and moving day. That is to say everyone.


Edit: I've just been watching some more 9/11 videos. And could you imagine not being able to run fast enough? Like in dreams when you just can't make your legs move like you want them to?

No comments:

Post a Comment