Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thank Heaven for Little Boys....

So Zack and I (and my mom) went to our ultrasound yesterday afternoon and found we were having a little boy! I tell ya, this family can make boys! I went the first couple of months thinking that we were having a little girl, and then about 4 weeks ago everything was telling me it was a boy. I kept having dreams that I had a little boy, my lack of the aweful pregnancy symptoms (a wive's tale, I know) was telling me boy, only gaining weight in front (another myth) was telling me boy. Then Saturday night I had a dream that Zack and the neighbor went to the ultrasound without me (I know, I know) and they told me it was a boy.

We got to the hospital and I had to pee soooooo bad. They tell you to arrive on a "very full bladder" and then when I got there, the ultrasound tech told me I was an overachiever. I was so full that my bladder was pushing my stomach out farther than it is and it was actually hurting my belly button because it was so stretched! So she looked at what she needed to see with my bladder full and then let me use the bathroom. I don't think I've ever been happier to see a toilet in my life! Then she measured the baby's head and spine, looked at a couple of places that could help identify Down's Syndrome (nothing showed up, thank goodness) and then went to look at the baby's goods. She's like "Oh yeah, it's a boy. You can tell because if they're playing with themselves, it's always a boy!" She was pretty funny. I liked her. I think at first no matter what they tell you the sex is, you're always going to be shocked. It took a minute to sink in. But I don't think I could or would be anymore excited for anything other than a little boy. I'm so in love already! He was squirming and kicking and covering his face, and he's got his Mama's lips. This boy has some kissers on him! But everything looked great: two arms, two legs, and a head! AND she wants us to come back in about a month just so she can try to get a certain shot of his heart that she couldn't get because he wasn't cooperating. And I'm really excited to get another ultrasound so I can see him again. I was preparing myself for just this one and that's it until the birth.



And I'm finally getting a Baby Bump! Personally I think it's still in a weird stage on me but here's a picture anyway. P.S. Please excuse my "Deer in the Headlights" look; I don't know why I have that face on!


So this is me at 19 weeks! One of the girls on the baby forum I'm on said I'm carrying high? Does it look that way to you? I don't know these things. All these other girls on that website already look undeniably pregnant, whereas I think I still look like maybe I've been eating too much.

As for the baby's name, it will be Zackery "something" Maxedon, and we'll call him by his middle name. We just have to figure that out first. :) I think we're getting close to deciding....

No comments:

Post a Comment