Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby, Baby, Baby...

So I'm sorry everything I write about is Baby Stuff, but it's all I really have going on! I mean, what other event could overshadow creating a human to care for? And I'm super excited, so there. :)

My friend Beth (who's become a really, really, super great friend) and I went to the Humane Society Thrift Store yesterday to look for stuff for the baby shower. (Beth has awesomely taken on the Baby Shower Hostess title. I couldn't be more grateful or more excited to have her do it. Like I said, she's pretty cool! Plus she's letting me be a little involved which is a lot of fun for me because it's giving me something to do towards the baby since I can't really get a nursery going yet because we are probably moving very soon, so I can't get stuff set up.) So we're doing a Mad Hatter/Alice in Wonderland/Tea Party themed shower so we went to the thrift store to find tea cups and silverware and other stuff that could be used as favors or decorations or whatever. It was so much fun! I'm not sure I've ever had that much fun at a thrift store before. Maybe it was because she let me talk a lot....

But we're going to go check out the Apple Orchard Inn tomorrow afternoon in hopes that it might be a good place to hold the shower. The owner said she'd let us use her living room if we wanted. Plus I think we should look at the cottages around the property. It's not expensive and it looks pretty. But I've never seen it in person, so we'll see. But if anyone has any other ideas for locations to hold a small party, let me know!

And we went and looked at another rental today. "Eh" is all I have to say. Part of me wants it just because it's a solid place, but the other more logical part of me has overpowered my need to move. This place was very small, is kind of too far from town, would need a little bit of work, and plus we don't have to move this very second. So we're going to keep looking. And we upped our price range so that should open a lot of doors. I really want to look into Three Springs. That'd be perfect! Not to mention we'd literally be right next door the hospital. I could probably walk there when I go into labor! Well, depending on the intensity of the labor, I guess.

Oh! And Zack's stepmom bought him and his dad NASCAR tickets for Zack's birthday weekend (the weekend of April 10th) in Phoenix! It was kind of a secrety while she and I got everything set up so Zack wouldn't be a pill, but it's done and he seems excited! I'm excited to go on a little trip. Zack and I have actually never been anywhere together. Well once to Pagosa, but that's nothing. So we're going to rent a car, and bring some cash, and get a hotel for a night or two and make a mini-vacation out of it. My friend Erin has agreed to house sit and dogsit for us which I'm thankful for, and I got Zack the OK for time off from work. So, we're going!

My tummy's getting bigger every week, which you think you expect until it starts happening. But it's been really cool. And the baby's bones are hardening and he's getting stronger so it feels like I can fell specific body parts (though I can't tell which ones) are moving around. That's been fun. And it's weird to look at your belly and watch it ripple and move without you physically doing it. Someone else is! I wonder how much weight I've gained? At my last appointment (I think I was 20 weeks, currently am almost 23 weeks) I had only gained 6 lbs total, and I was just starting to "pop out". But since then my tummy's really starting to look pregnant. If I had to guess, I'd say that I've gained at least an additional 5ish lbs since then. Guess I should invest in a scale!

I guess that's everything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment