Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22nd, 2010

We had our 2nd ultrasound today! I thought the only reason we were doing it was because last time they couldn't get a good picture of Baby Zack's heart because he wouldn't cooperate. But my doctor told me also they wanted to make sure the placenta's moved up and away from the cervix (which it did). Sometimes the placenta will stay too close or cover the cervix which isn't good because then the baby can't come out the natural way, meaning I'd need a C-Section which I so don't want. Anyway, baby's heart looks good and the placenta's nice and far away. I guess I'll know for sure at my next doctor's appointment that everything went ok since the ultrasound tech can't technically diagnose anything, but she seemed pretty confident! My doctor's office measured me due June 29th, and at my first ultrasound they measured the baby due July 2nd and this time she measured him due July 3rd, so we're all pretty much right on track! It'd be so fun if he was born on the 4th of July, or if he's born on July 5th he'll have the same birthday as his Aunt Amy (I think)! Either way, I'm happy for a summer baby; better weather for birthday parties!

I've gained 14 lbs total as of last Monday which I think is good, and Baby weighs 1 lb, 11oz as of today. As far as how I'm feeling I feel pretty great! I do get more heartburn if I eat or drink something sweet (I don't know if it's true but Wive's Tales say that means the baby will have hair? We'll see!) He moves around all the time and it's so fun to watch my belly bump and jump and roll. Sleeping is still pretty easy,  but I've had to find new positions to sleep in. I used to sleep on my belly a lot but can't do that anymore! Also I'm not supposed to sleep on my back because the baby and the uterus could crush arteries and organs = no bueno. So I'm constantly rolling from side to side or propping my self up against Zack so I'm sort of on my back but sort of not. Oh and my skin is finally calming down from its freak-out earlier in the pregnancy which I'm grateful for, and no stretch-marks have shown themselves yet.

Oh and names! Zack and I finally have a list of names that we both like. For now I'm just calling him Baby Zack but again we'll call him by his middle name once he have one chosen. We like Brooks, Lane, Rylan(d), and.... oh crap I forgot the others.... Hmmm, there's 2 more. Oh well, I'll have to find my list at home. Lane and Brooks are my favorites right now, anyway! But I'm guessing this baby won't have a final name until he's born, which is ok.

And you may have already seen these on Facebook but here's his newest portraits!
smiling!

profile

foot

This means it's a boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment