Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two-Thousand Eleven

Do you think I'm too late to post about my goals for 2011? Hope not, because that's what I'm doing...

I have several things that I really really want to accomplish. Number 1 thing: Pay off all bills. I just let us get so behind on everything. And I'm proud to say I just scheduled all payments and signed up for AutoPay on mostly everything I could. And you might think that to live richly you have to spend money but I've found that's not true. I mean have you ever met a rich person who doesn't pay their bills? No. Rich people are good bill-payers. I guess it works sort of like tithing - the more you give the more you receive.

And speaking of tithing, my next goal is to BELIEVE in something. I had an epiphany last night. I've been really wanting to believe in Christianity as a whole. I LOVE the goodness it stands for and the community of church, but I'm also a superskeptic when it comes to certain things too. Like, I just can't bring myself to believe that there's only one path to God (pause: I'm using God here as a word to define the undefinable, and to explain the unexplainable. The word "God" I think is the ultimate "for lack of a better word"). Ultimately I believe that if in your heart and soul you are good then who can fault you? So my turning point last night was when I was reading the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (I haven't seen the movie, but I like the book so far) and she had her A-Ha moment when she found a Guru she adored and that Guru was her path to God. I don't know if I'm going to find my own spiritual Guru or if I'll end up with the Original Guru That is Jesus, but I really do want to find my Something To Believe In. P.S. Anyone with any compassionate and level-headed suggestions is welcome to leave a comment. I don't think I've said anything offensive and if I did, I didn't mean to offend.

Another goal of mine is to get one of my many ventures really going. You all know I'm selling MaryKay, I'm also rekindling girlFriday, I've got an Etsy shop going (see my Etsy Mini on the right) and I'm selling stuff on Ebay. I've also been watching my friend Beth's kid 2 days a week and have another friend interested in me watching her baby. On top of, of course, being a full time Mom and making dinner, and occasionally cleaning the house *wink*. So yes, I'm busy, but I'd really like to focus half-an-eye on one of these things full force.

Also, after I've weaned Greyson from me (no plans to do that yet, but it'll happen this year for sure) I think I've decided to go vegetarian for awhile. While I do believe in the ethical treatment of animals, my decision has nothing to do with eating Bessie. I just think that my body could use a good cleanse. And yeah, have you ever met a fat vegetarian? No, didn't think so.

Let's see... I also want to focus on my marriage. Nothing's in trouble but it's sort of flattened out since Greyson because well, he's my everything. I've got to work on giving my husband the attention he needs and deserves. He's a great provider and there's no way I would've been able to stay home this long without him. I'm not saying it's all me, but I definitely have room for imrovement.

Oh! I've already failed this one but one goal I wanted was to seriously clean one room in my house a day. If I did that I think my house would stay pretty damn clean. It really wouldn't take all that long to do either but hey, I've been busy.

Well if I think of anything else, I will post it. But thanks for reading, and yeah, comment me if you want!
xoxoxo
C

1 comment:

  1. You keep changing the look of your blog - I can hardly keep up! ;D

    I think these are great goals, Christal. And no, it's not too late (I still havent put mine up yet!!) to post your goals. I think it's great to write them down, post them somewhere, etc. It reminds you of what you want to accomplish and just reiterates it one more time.

    Good luck in reaching what you WANT to out of your goals. If you dont get around to some of them, or they dont pan out exactly like you had hoped, just remember that you did NOT fail. Sometimes, people believe that making a goal list just sets you up for failure, but I like to believe it preps you for success. By setting goals and having dreams, you are trying to the get most out of your life that you can. So you go, girl!

    But remember what John Lennon said: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

    So if your life goes in another direction, dont get down! Everything happens for a reason =]

    ReplyDelete