Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Professional Opinion on Various Country Music Stars

Driving home today I was listening to one of the local country stations (Holla! 102.1 KTRA!) when a Carrie Underwood song came on. Ugh. So I switched it to another country station: CARRIE UNDERWOOD AGAIN! So I tried KRSJ and there she was again! So I found a random station that had a commercial on. THAT'S how much I'm over Carrie Underwood; I would rather listen to a commercial than to her try to Undo It. I think what bugs me about her is that she does a couple seemingly bad-ass girl songs but in reality she's the sweetest girl probably ever. I mean the girl's a vegetarian to the point of crying. Now, I'm sure I would like her as a person if she was my neighbor (aside from making me cry with envy), but the girl's a poser, I'm afraid. I think she should try to be sweet OR tough.

But you CAN be both if you do it right. Like Miranda Lambert. I LOVE her. She can break your heart but can make you want to break someone's nose too. AND she's engaged to Blake Shelton which is probably my favorite male country star right now. As soon as he chopped off that mullet I noticed him. Somehow that thing was distracting. He was totally cute underneath that, but I just couldn't see it!

There's a few Taylor  songs (do I even have to specify which Taylor I'm talking about?) that I like but for the most part she just sounds like she's talking and squawking.

I love Gary Allan. He's so brooding, and he's a little guy, but I really like him. There's just something about him. Makes me want to find him and show him there IS fun left in the world and plenty of love to be had!

Tim McGraw? Pass. He was fun back in the day, but he's trying too hard now. I might get struck down by the Country Gods for saying this, but George Straight is bugging me lately too. I like old school George, Garth, Toby, Alan, Brooks & Dunn. I'm not liking much of the new stuff by old artists. And by "old" I mean they've been around awhile, not that they're physically old. My favorite country is from the early 90s, and most new stuff just doesn't measure up to my twangy expectations.

Anyway, Carrie U started this. It's her fault. :)

2 comments:

  1. that was all so great and all so true. Miranda Lambert is my FAV right now!! I sung her Gunpowder and Lead at Karaoke the other night!! Whoo Hooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big country fan myself but any country songs I've ever liked have been from the past, like when I was in high school. I liked Kenny Chesney and Rascal Flatts, and I love that song, "I Hope You Dance." As for Taylor.... NOT a fan at all. For the most part, I dont connect with her songs and her eyes bug me lol. Although we saw her in person when we were in Hollywood.... ;)

    ReplyDelete