Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wish I had a Bump! (16w5d)

I'm just 4 months pregnant now but really wish I could get out of the "in-between" stage of my tummy. I'm too big for my pants (well I can still button them but it's really, really uncomfortable) but not showing at all to the untrained eye to justify maternity clothes! So I've been using this thing called a B-buckle given to me by my friend Beth which connects your two front belt loops on your jeans with a cute strap of fabric so you can leave your jeans unbuttoned and have been wearing my looser tops so the help hide that. But I guess any day now I'll "pop out" with my baby bump. They say it happens all of a sudden, and I think that's how I'll be.

Also, I have to pee literally ALL THE TIME (sorry for the TMI) and have a hard time getting full. I had another doctor's appointment on the 12th of this month and have gained 2 lbs which is great since apparently last time I lost 1.5 lbs. That was weird because girls with morning sickness are the ones who usually lose weight. I've been very blessed not to experience any of the horrible symptoms of pregnancy so far, only the small annoyances (i.e. eating eating eating, peeing peeing peeing, not too big but not small enough.)

But some exciting news is we have an appointment in about 2 1/2 weeks for our full OB ultrasound, which is when we ought to be able to determine the baby's gender! I'm sooooo soooo excited for that! I'm not impatient though, but exited. Boy or girl this baby will be loved and spoiled. My gut feeling tells me it's a girl but don't quote me because what do I know about being pregnant? And only because I feel so strongly that this is a girl will it be totally odd to find out if it's a boy but I will be equally excited! Little Charlotte Gwen or little Zackery Cash is on his/her way!

I haven't had any cravings, or any weirdness at all. If you ask Zack though he'll tell you he hasn't ever seen so many empty cold cereal boxes in the house. Hey, I like cereal! My eating schedule goes something like this: Cereal for breakfast, some type of sandwich for brunch, then my lunch, then a snack when I get home from work, then dinner, then most of the time some other little snack before bed. I can't believe I've only gained 2 lbs! I'm not complaining though. I hope I'm not one of those women who just let themselves really blow up just because they're pregnant. I know I'll gain weight that isn't just baby weight. I just don't want it to be excessive.

I just wanted to keep up my posting through this pregnancy for my own reference and also to maybe help satiate my friends' curiosities about pregnancy. Even before I was pregnant I wanted to know EVERYTHING. Anyway, hopefully my next post will have a nice little pregnancy belly picture, or at least tell us the sex of the baby!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Thanks for the info on the B- Buckle that you left on my blog. I am definitely going to check it out! I still feel like I am in that inbetween stage as well. Hubby and I can see a bit of something forming, but for anyone who doesn't already know I am pregnant I don't think they would guess. We have our gender US in 4 weeks.. you are so lucky to have it in 2! I am in agony having to wait! haha.

    Btw- cereal.. i'm totally with you on that one! lol.

    ReplyDelete