Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh. My. Gosh.

So all last week I was feeling slightly off. Monday I had a fever and felt exhausted, then Tuesday and Wednesday were OK, then Thursday I had a fever again. I just figured I was getting sick.

I wasn't.

Friday morning my eyes popped open at 5:00am (my alarm's set for 6:00am) after having a dream that I took a pregnancy test and it clear as day said in black letters "Preggo" (funny, right?). At this point I was technically like 3 days late, but that wasn't a big deal and if I hadn't started by Saturday I was going to take a test. But then I thought "Well, if I'm pregnant now it's not like I'm going to be anymore pregnant on Saturday." So I got up and took a test.

One line. Totally normal. I've taken tests before because I'm that girl who always thinks she's pregnant (probably because I never have been before, so I didn't know what to look for.) So I brush my teeth and am taking off my makeup and what's this? Is that another line? Maybe I have makeup remover in my eye, maybe I'm still blurry from sleep... Nope. That's another line! *expletive*

The expletive was more from shock than anything else. I didn't really expect it to come out positive. I guess maybe I was used to negative every time I took one.

Friday was a weird day for me. I was full of swimming nerves. I imagined telling people and me being me I always picture the worst reaction. I was so nervous! I did tell my friend Beth (she's a mom, too) and asked her to look at the test with me to make sure I was reading it right. She said that's what hers looked like. So I started chugging water so at my lunch I could take another test, though this time it was the +/- kind. And wouldn't you know it? It errored out! I think it was because I was drinking too much water and it diluted out the hormones? That's my guess. I could sort of see a faint plus sign, but I wasn't sure. So after work I went and bought the digital yes/no tests and they were a definite YES. By the way, I totally recommend those ones so you're not wondering if you're seeing things.

I STILL didn't tell Zack that night. I was just so nervous! I guess I thought he might be mad (which is totally ridiculous, but you know, I was all doomy.) So Saturday I showed up at his work and told him to come with me to my car and I showed him my tests.

"Oh my God, you're pregnant!" he said.

But he was smiling.

He's totally excited! He called everyone on his contact list on his cellphone last night. My Mom cried, my sister was speechless, and my Dad even cried. I'm not sure if Snoopy cried, but she seemed excited, too.

And what about me?

I'm feeling so much better. I felt a whole lot better after I told Zack, and the more people I told, the better I felt. I'm getting totally excited! I'm terrified, but excited. And it's amazing how you take better care of yourself when you know someone elses life depends on you, too. I know it's only been 3 days, but I had some Sierra Mist yesterday and I felt bad! I'm all about the water now. It's still pretty surreal, and I think it will be more real after I get my first ultrasound (on Nov. 13th) so I can see or hear something. Proof, you know? At any rate, I think I'm totally in love again.

I really hope everything goes OK. I know some couples choose not to tell people until after the first trimester, but it's totally hard to keep that kind of secret! I dare you to try!

So, now the stats: First doctor's visit is November 13th (pray for us that it's only one little heartbeat. It's totally possibly for us to have multiples as we both have them in our families.) The due date is June 29th, 2010. In the first part of January is when we ought to be able to find out the gender. And I'm currently 5 weeks along. :)



2 comments:

  1. Hopefully this comment works....
    I love your story, I should;ve wrote ours out but there was a lot more crying. Actually, there was only crying and TJ freaking out about if I was okay :] But its all good now! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would comment your facebook, but my internet is being whack...
    There's an awesome giveaway on designmom.com, it's $1,000 worth of baby merchandise, so its definitely worth entering, just fyi :]

    ReplyDelete